It was probably the nicest author signing I’ve been to (and that’ s not saying all that much, seeing as how I haven’t been to too many). Reasons? Well, let’s see:
1. In all there were probably fewer than twenty people.
2. She was way cool – a genuinely kind person who was open to talking candidly about her work, her process and anything the folks in the audience had questions on.
3. B&N was there with a selection of her books for purchase and I was able to find a first-edition hardback copy of Dragon Haven.
4. I won a copy of The Willful Princess and the Piebald Prince, her latest release, which has only been released in the U.K. as of this date.
Overall mood: pleased…quite pleased.
- Meeting Robin Hobb (lpstribling.wordpress.com)